- There is fear engulfing Paris and all of France, US, EU and all the countries in between. Going to sports event is now the same as trying to fly, One is searched (almost strip searched) because the enemy could be you.
- Massive refugee problem in Europe and everywhere else. The event in France this week could put pressure on Europeans to stop accepting any refugees and forcing them back. Should this happen the fight would be intensified with untold number deaths.
- More fighting will bring more anger against the regime and against the West. Intensified fighting had already brought Russia into the war. The uglier the war gets the more likely it is that the West could find itself in direct war with Russia . It is a condition devoutly not to be wished for. mankind is unlikely to survive such an encounter.
- Effort to change the Sudan regime resulted in the creation of South Sudan . Regime change in Nigeria is creating the demand for Biafra . The change in Iraq is creating a new state (Kurds) made up of parts of Iraqi and parts of Turkey and possibly also a Shite Iraq and a Sunni Iraq. Yemen may break up into many ethnic units.
One thing that has not happened so far after 15 years of war is no democratic state has been created, at least not the type of democracy that Mr. George W. Bush had in mind.
So what is the lesson?
- The lesson is that Western Democracy is a construct. (NOUN an idea or theory containing various conceptual elements, typically one considered to be subjective and not based on empirical evidence: Oxford Dictionaries) that works perfectly in the West. It should be left to countries that want it to copy it and use it. But it shall not be imposed on all countries especially those who do not want it.
- There are other forms of government that are indigenous in other areas and those forms of government should be allowed if it is how a people or country fashioned out their governance.
- The emergence of strong rulers may not always be a bad thing and if one comes to be in a country, the citizens would be allowed to change their regimes as they see fit. The way of governance should not be one size fits all.
- The destabilization of large populations is an ill wind that does nobody any good. Perhaps God knows why He did not create one huge nation instead he crafted villages. The evolution of super powers may not be what the world needs or wants.